Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz........ like a busy Bee!

On May 12, The 2012 Miss New York class had an appearance right here on Staten Island at COSTCO! Costco is a sponsor for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals; they invited us ladies to join them in raising money! There were about 15 of us outside Costco from 12-4 dancing, handing out candy and receiving donations from very generous people. Costco made a HUGE cake for this celebration (it looked so good!) We helped Costco raise $940.00 towards the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.




This past week was a busy one! I had major pageant prep from walking to interview to working out. It is coming down to the wire and is it now CRUNCH TIME!! I am becoming more and more excited that pageant is approaching but there is still so much to do.

On Friday May 18th, I took a visit to the Staten Island Children’s Museum at Snug Harbor. I joined in on 3 cooking classes where the kids made biscuits for their Jasmine Tea Party. The biscuits were DELICIOUS (I have never made homemade anything hahah!!!) I felt like royalty having biscuits, sipping tea and wearing my crown! I plan to be back in the future, Thank You Staten Island Children’s Museum.



Later that Night, I had a Zumba Fundraiser to reach my goal in donations towards the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. I am very proud to say I met that goal and exceeded that goal! The event took place at St. Mary’s Church and Libby McPike was the instructor for the night (thanks Libby.) Zumba was an 80’s theme and everyone surely dressed the part! Thanks to my princesses Ella and Emma for helping out in handing out whistles, wrist bands and water. If you want to donate to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals you can go to http://www.missamericaforkids.org/  click on “Search Contestant”, type in my name and click donate. No contribution is too small, every little bit helps.
Ella and Emma ( my princesses)
LIBBY the BEST Zumba Instructor


80's theme Zumba!! What's more fun than that


I got plenty of moves!!!
Add caption




Saturday May 19 was one of princess, Emma’s 6thBirthday. Emma had a bowling party at Rab’s Bowling Alley and she had a request that I come with crown and sash to show all her friends. I would never say no to my baby girl, so of course I did it. She was so happy and we took pictures with all her friends!!! Emma is like my baby sister, I am with her many times a week. First reason being because I am her dance teacher and second because she is my cousin! Everyone in the family says she is beginning to act just like me, they don’t think this is a good thing; she is loud, always dancing, and needs your attention at all times!!!Happy Birthday Emma, love you <3
Happy Birthday Emma <3








My most recent event was Sunday May 20th at the Richmond County Bank Ball Park, the home of the Staten Island Yankees (of course I work there as well.) I attended the 2nd annual Touch-A-Truck presented by the Staten Island Advance and Staten Island Yankees to benefit the Staten Island Children’s Campaign. This event was so much fun!!! The parking lot gets filled with different kinds of trucks such as fire engines, garbage trucks, dump trucks and many more. Everyone and anyone can sit in these trucks, honk the horns and turn on the sirens. There were also bounce houses and games being played on the baseball field as well as Thomas the train driving kids around the field. There were different stations that the kids could get face paintings, tattoos or make different arts and crafts. Of course Scooter the Holy Cow was there to join in on all the fun! I am a big baby and made sure I sat in most of the trucks and honked all the horns. This event was fun, I met so many little children, sat in really big trucks and I got a farmers tan hahha !!!!

Add caption
Add caption






SCOOTER IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE <3



That’s all for now, hope you enjoyed. Miss New York Week is just a few short weeks away!!!!!!! SO EXCITED, this is an experience of a lifetime!













Ta-ta for now!
~~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment