Saturday, May 5, 2012

My past travels....

I have many jobs and responsibilities as Miss Richmond County. First I must promote my personal platform which is “Everybody Knows Somebody- Bringing Awareness to Eating Disorders.” Next I am a local ambassador for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals which is the national platform of the Miss America Organization. Finally, I have to let everyone know who I am and what this title represents!!!!
The Miss Staten Island Scholarship Pageant has been around since 1967. Then who or what is Miss Richmond County you ask? It’s funny when I go out into the community many people have never heard of Richmond County and they ask me where it is. Staten Island was originally named The Borough of Richmond and is still referred to as Richmond County. So basically they are one in the same! Once I explain this to people they don’t understand why there is a need for two girls to represent the Island. S of course I tell them, the reason is so that two girls can have more opportunities such as receiving scholarship money, representing the Island in the New York State Pageant and promoting their personal platform!

I am the 3rd Miss Richmond County and I could not be more proud to represent this title and this Island. I have lived here for all 21 years of my existence and I plan on staying!

Now I would like to share with you photos from past events that I have attended, so you can see what I have been up to!
Jamie and I's first appearance, March of Dime Premie Fashion Show
Alexa and I at the Forest Avenue Holiday Stroll

Statford House Christmas Party


Staten Island Children's Campaign, Breakfast With Santa

We are such hams!!! @ the Borough Hall Tree Lighting!

My visit to the VA Hospital in Brooklyn

talking with P.S.19 for the Literacy Night

Julia and Max, my dance students!!
At the Miss America Pageant cheering on Kaitlin.
Jamie and I @ Rainbow's Hope Christmas Event.

Jim Smith( our ED) with Alexa and I @ the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
KISSES!!!

@ P.S. 65, with one of my princesses Ella, Here I spoke the the kids about healthy eating and we did a little exercise class.


Staten Island Heart Association Dinner
All the Ladies from SJVA.. I was Honored to have presented you with the AED!!

@ the sweepers, congrats ladies!!
@ the 5th Annual Mark and Diane Statile Fight against Cancer Fundraiser!!
Kaitlin and I at The United Staten Island Veterans Organizations Night of Honor

Part of the board
Current and Future!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment