Thursday, May 10, 2012

What I have been up to!

I thought because school was over I would be less stressed, have more free time and can relax just a pinch. HA HA HA did I think wrong!!!! I decided to take a summer class (with my scholarship money, Thank You MAO) to lessen my work load for next semester. I know next semester I will be so thankful, but now I am kicking myself for it. This class is my psych rotation, totally not thrilled to be in this class. I am quite scared to do my clinicals for this one. It’s much different than last semester where I was taking care of new-born babies and watching women give birth (the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed.) I had my first class last night; we were taught how to stay clear of punches and other objects, the code word to call for help and oh yeah how to properly ask the patient who is talking to him or her and what they are saying. Does this sound like it’s going to be fun?????? Not to me…. I will admit, I am interested in learning about the different psychological disorders but I don’t think I want to observe.

So besides school I am a busy bee. I am currently working two jobs. But they are the most fun jobs anyone could ever work. For most of the year I am a dance teacher at Rhythm Central Dance Center. During baseball season, I am part of the Pin Stripe Patrol for the Staten Island Yankees. Basically I am the entertainment crew. I dance on the dugouts, pick people to play games on the field, watch fireworks on some game days and I get to watch HOT athletes play baseball! Who has better jobs than me??? I hate to say these are “jobs” because they are so much fun, I get to do what I love and I make other people smile while doing it.
Fire work show ( I love Fireworks!)

Dance season is almost done and then it will be full force into baseball season. So if you are a baseball fan, like cheap food and fun entertainment come on over to the Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George to watch the Staten Island Yankees!! (Ironic that the place I work has my title in it?) You can go to http://www.milb.com/ to get tickets, hope to see you there!!

I never though planning charity events would take so much work. I give people who do this all the time a lot of credit. I do have to say I could not be doing this without the help of Bebe Bardot photography. Anke Michaelson and Kristine Persson have been more than life savers through-out this whole process. Please take the time to check out their Facebook Page, Bebe Bardot Photography and their Website http://www.bebebardotphoto.com/ to see what amazing work they do.
Artisan Food Valley of Bay Ridge has helped so much by donating ALL the food for “Every Body is Beautiful” cocktail event. Thanks Dan!!! Artisan is Royal Crown’s newest stores, check out their site www.artisanfoodvalley.com.
Yiaya Couture will be performing at this event. She is FIERCE, can’t think of any word to describe her better. I had the opportunity of performing with her last summer at the Van Duzer Street Festival. If you are interested in hearing what is in store for everyone at the event check out her YouTube at youtube.com/yiayacouture.

Of course I have been working on pageant stuff, duhhh!!!!! Pageant week is 1 MONTH away, AHHHHHHHH!! That’s crazy; it’s exciting and scary at the same time. This whole pageant thing is new for me, so I have no clue what to expect. All I can do is prepare myself the best I can and leave it all out there on the floor. With receiving my first title I have been given so many opportunities to meet and train with so many amazing people. I am taking full advantage of it. The way I feel is, you can learn all the tricks of the trade and nail them, but when it comes down to it are you right for the job? I know that if I give it my all, there is nothing I could be disappointed about or feel bad about. After all this training and prep, the best advice I have gotten is “to have fun” (Thanks Miss. Steph.) When else am I getting an opportunity or experience like this in my life…..NEVER. I am taking full advantage of it, but I am always remembering to have fun in the process. Like my two other jobs, they are simply fun and that’s what I have done for this one and will continue to do! 
With my two charity events weeks away (go get your tickets) and the pageant a short month away, I have many appearances coming up that I am excited about! There shall be pictures and a blog update to follow.
That will be it for now, look for my next blog where I will tell you about my experience auditioning performers to sing the National Anthem!
Ciao,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment